A Direct PLUS Loan borrower with an adverse credit history may still receive a Direct PLUS Loan if he/she obtains an endorser who does not have an adverse credit history and the borrower completes PLUS Counseling. The endorser is responsible for repaying the Direct PLUS Loan if the borrower does not.
- Endorser Addendum must be completed in a single session.
- The borrower will provide you with the endorser code or an award identification number
- Permanent Address
- Mailing Address (if different from permanent address)
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Alien Registration Number (if you are an eligible non-citizen)
- Employer Name
- Employer Address
- Name of each reference
- Address of each reference
- Email address for each reference
- Telephone number of each reference
If you have previously completed either a Direct Loan MPN or a Direct PLUS Loan Request, some of this information may be populated for you. You should review all populated information carefully for accuracy.
To obtain an accessible PDF version of the Endorser Addendum for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN), contact the Student Loan Support Center at 1-800-557-7394 between 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Click the browser's back button to return to the previous page.