The Direct PLUS Loan Request provides the school information needed to create your Direct PLUS Loan. You should verify with the school's financial aid office that this is the process they want you to use; some schools may have their own Direct PLUS Loan process.
Your school will tell you what loans, if any, you are eligible to receive.
Direct PLUS Loans are loans for parents of dependent undergraduate students and for graduate/professional students. Direct PLUS Loans help pay for educational expenses up to the cost of attendance minus all other financial assistance. Interest is charged during all periods.
To qualify for a Direct PLUS Loan, you must be
- A graduate or professional student,
- The biological or adoptive parent of the student, or
- The spouse of the parent and your income and assets were reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or would be reported if a FAFSA were filed.
In this process, you will complete the following steps:
- Enter your school and loan information
- Enter your borrower information
- Review details entered
- Consent to a credit check and submit the request
Click the browser's back button to return to the previous page.